The University of Tromsø is now accepting applications for its Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Linguistics. The fellowship is awarded to Norwegian students who have interest in Russian Linguistics or another relevant field.
The Post-doctoral Research Fellowship aims to qualify the researcher for work in senior academic positions. A candidate may not be appointed to more than one fixed term position as a Post-doctoral Research Fellow at the same institution.
User Review( votes)
The University of Tromsø – The Arctic University of Norway is the world’s northernmost university. Located in the city of Tromsø, Norway, It is one of eight universities in Norway The University’s location makes it a natural venue for the development of studies of the region’s natural environment, culture, and society.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of the theoretical model of language that is central to Cognitive Linguistics, namely Construction Grammar.
Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- The working hours are reserved for research, research-related activities and research administration.
- The successful candidate must be willing to engage him/herself in the ongoing development of their discipline and the university as a whole.
- The remuneration for this position is in accordance with the State salary scale code 1352.
- A compulsory contribution of 2% to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund will be deducted.
The award can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- The position as Post-doctoral Research Fellow requires a Norwegian doctoral degree in Russian Linguistics or another relevant field or a corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognised as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree. Native or near-native proficiency in Russian is a requirement, as well as academic proficiency in English. Priority will be given to candidates with background and/or publications in cognitive linguistics.
- The applicant must provide a project proposal with a progress plan for the project’s main activities. It is a prerequisite that the applicant will be able to complete the project within the period of employment.
- In the assessment, the main emphasis will be attached to the submitted works and the project proposal for the qualifying work. Emphasis shall also be attached to experience from popularization/dissemination and academic policy and administrative activity.
- Personal suitability will be emphasised.
Nationality: Norwegian applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- The application must be submitted electronically via the application form shall include:
- Letter of application.
- Project description.
- CV (containing a complete overview of education, supervised professional training and professional work).
- Diplomas and references.
- List of works and description of these
- the list of works shall contain the following information:
- author(s), the work’s title
- for articles: the journal’s name and volume, the first and last page of the article, year of publication
- for publications: publisher, printer, year of publication, number of pages
- up to ten works that are central to the applicant’s academic production. The applicant’s PhD thesis should be submitted as one of these works.
- Additionally, the applicant should provide a description of his/her academic production, indicating which works are the most relevant in relation to the announced position, and therefore should be emphasised in the assessment. The remaining listed works should be described briefly in order to demonstrate the depth of the production. The descriptions should be attached to the application.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 17, 2017.