The Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg is awarding Postdoctoral scholarship: Mammalian meiosis starting in March 1, 2019. The studentships are available for international students.
The department is located in the Chemistry House in Chalmers (Campus Johanneberg) and in Lundberg Laboratory at Medicinareberget. At the department, high-quality research and education is conducted in a wide area that extends all the way from atomic and molecular scales through cells to whole organisms. Many of the phenomena we study illustrate the chemical and biological interaction between molecules in our natural environment and in living systems.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Course Level: award is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The postdoctoral fellow will study the chromosome dynamics in mammalian meiosis using the combination of cell biological and biochemical approaches using mouse as a model system. Analysis will include CRISPR/Cas9, Cre-loxP, Immunohistochemistry, Immunoprecipitation, RNAseq and biochemistry.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers a period of 12 months with possibility of prolongation up to a maximum of 24 months in total.
- Nationality: The studentships are available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The studentships are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
* To be eligible for a post-doc scholarship at the recipient must hold a PhD degree within a relevant field. The applicant must not have been employed at University of Gothenburg in the past two years.
* Please specify experiences, knowledge or interests necessary for taking part as a postdoc in this project. Remember that a scholarship is not an employment and the qualifications necessary might differ from what you could ask for from an employee.
English Language Requirements: English proficiency. This requirement is filled through English B/6 level or equivalent. To find out what is deemed as equivalent, please read here.
How to Apply: Written application, including reference number, is to be sent via e-mail to the supervisor and must include the following:
* Personal letter stating the reasons why the study suits the applicant (maximum one page)
* List of publications
* References (2)