Applicants are invited for TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural or social sciences.
The fellowship program is to enable and encourage academically able students from developing countries for the academic year 2020-2021.
User Review( votes)
With the world’s largest South-South PhD and post-doctoral research fellowship program, TWAS helps early-career researchers to gain education and experience at top global science institutions.
Application Deadline: March 16, 2020
University or Organization: The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)
Course Level: Postgraduate Research
Award: Provide a monthly stipend
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Developing Countries Students
The award can be taken in Pakistan
Eligible Countries: Citizens of a developing country (other than Pakistan) can apply for this fellowship program.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: Fellowship is available to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural or social sciences.
Admissible Criteria: Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- hold an MSc degree in a field of natural sciences;
- IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold an MSc degree in a field of social sciences;
- be a maximum age of 35 years by 31 December in the year if application;
- for SANDWICH Fellowships: Be registered PhD students in a developing country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample in guidelines);
- for FULL-TIME Fellowships: Be willing to register at a university in Pakistan;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the scholarship, applicants must have to complete the online application form and send a copy of their application to CUI.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit official Acceptance Letter from CUI, copy of their CV, a research proposal outline and also provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold an MSc degree in a field of natural sciences.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
CUI will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.