Griffith University is currently looking for a PhD candidate to join the team working on Intelligence-assisted and sustainable recycling of lithium-ion batteries through its Research Degree Scholarships. The scholarship will be awarded in Australia for the academic year 2022-2023.
International and domestic candidates can both participate if they are able to demonstrate knowledge in Chemical Engineering or related discipline. The selected students will be offered an annual stipend of $28,597 (indexed) for a period of up to three years of full-time study.
User Review( votes)
Griffith University is a public research university ranking 3rd in the 2021 QS University Rankings Top 50 Under 50 and 30th in the 2020 Times Higher Education Top 100 under 50 holdings a mission To transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Why choose to study at Griffith University? Griffith University is committed to excellence in work, is ambitious to ensure that the teaching and learning, research, and engagement is of the highest quality. At Griffith, they provide a culturally sensitive environment that promotes reconciliation, education, and engagement. GU engages in ethical collaborations with a wide variety of partners, seeking mutual and sustainable value in our partnerships.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2021
- University or Organization: Griffith University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,597
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian national students and other students from all foreign countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD research study in Intelligence-assisted and sustainable recycling of lithium-ion batteries at Griffith can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be have completed, or expect to complete, a Bachelors degree with honors equivalent to H1 or high H2A, or a Masters degree (AQF Level 9) incorporating a significant research component of a standard comparable to a bachelor honors degree or be regarded by Griffith University as having an equivalent level of attainment.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for admission in a PhD program at Griffith will be accepted online via its application portal. The students need to submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) containing the below-mentioned documents to Professor Shanqing Zhang at [email protected] to apply for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Full CV
- Academic transcripts
- Statement addressing the project
- Evidence of completion of bachelor/master degree
- Name of two referees
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have completed, or expect to complete, a Bachelors’s degree with honors equivalent to H1 or high H2A, or a Masters’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- 5 on the IELTS
- 575 on the paper-based TOEFL
- 79 on the internet-based (iBT) TOEFL
- 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced
- 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic)
- 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR
Griffith University will provide the selected PhD candidates an annual stipend of $28,597 (indexed) for a period of up to three years of full-time study.