The Royal British Legion and British Korean Veterans Association are organizing postgraduate scholarship for British applicants. The scholarship scheme offers an opportunity for a graduate from any discipline to live and study in South Korea for up to two years.
The aim of the scholarship is to strengthen the bond between British and Korean applicants.
The Royal British Legion sometimes called The British Legion or the Legion is a British charity providing financial, social and emotional support to members and veterans of the British Armed Forces, their families and dependants.
- Application deadline: December 10, 2017
- Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue Postgraduate degree.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in any discipline.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- An intensive Korean language course in the UK before departure
- An open return flight to South Korea
- University course fees
- Contribution to accommodation costs
- One return flight to the UK during the study period
- Ancillary expenses related to the cost of living (via a regular stipend paid to the awardee)
- Nationality: UK
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Korea
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: UK
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Applicants must have UK nationality
- Applicants should usually be aged between 21 and 30 on 1 March in the year they take up their award.
- Applicants must be holders of recognised UK degrees or in the process of graduating.
- The Scholarship is open to members of the public, with a preference for pplications from those with a family connection with the Armed Forces and in particular descendants of those members of HM Forces who hold, or are entitled to hold, the UK and/or the United Nations Korean Campaign Medals
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
- To apply for a scholarship, download the application form and return it to the Central Grants Team by email or to the postal address.
How to Apply:
- A valid UK Passport
- A completed visa application
- Standard admission letter for students, substantiating educational ability issued by the president or dean of the university
- Confirmation of funding letter indicating ability to cover expenses of applicant (provided by TRBL)
- Administration fee (funded by the Scholarship fund)
- Substantiating documents for researchers, including a reference, if applicable.