If you possess a deep interest in working with empirical researchers, then you must check out and apply for the Quantitative Multidisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowships offered at Umea University for the academic year 2022-2023.
Three students will be awarded this fellowship where they will be provided 27,000 to 28,000 SEK per month for up to 2 years of postdoctoral study at Umea University. The students must hold a completed doctoral degree to be eligible and have mathematical and computational modelling expertise.
Grab this wonderful opportunity and get benefitted in Sweden.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1965 and being the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders, Umea University is a public research university located in Umea, in the mid-northern region of Sweden. The university is ranked at the 7th position nationwide.
Why choose to study at Umea University? The Umea University aims to provide education and research that contributes to the understanding, ability, and responsibility of individuals about societal challenges and the importance of sustainable development through interplay with the surrounding society.
Application Deadline: 20th September 2022 is the last day to apply for this fellowship.
- University or Organization: Umea University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: 28,000 SEK
- Number of Awards: 3
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the postdoctoral position in Semantic analysis of single-cell data, Expulsion events as drivers of evolution in endosymbiotic systems, and Modelling forest carbon sequestration in a dynamic world at Umea University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be commencing their study in winter/spring 2023.
- To qualify as a postdoctoral scholarship holder, the postdoctoral fellow is required to have completed a doctoral degree or a foreign degree deemed equivalent to a doctoral degree. This qualification requirement must be fulfilled no later than at the time of the decision about the scholarship recipient.
- Priority should be given to candidates who completed their doctoral degree, according to what is stipulated in the paragraph above, no later than three years prior.
- Candidates should have experience in computational and quantitative modelling. Personal qualities such as collaboration, communication, strong drive and motivation, critical thinking abilities, creativity and analytical skills are essential. You should be able to take on the research independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applications for this postdoctoral position must be submitted as a PDF marked with the reference number FS 2.1.7-1336-22, both in the file name and in the subject field of the email, via mail to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A cover letter clearly stating which project or projects you are particularly interested in and summarizing your qualifications, your scientific interests, and your motives for applying (max two pages)
- A curriculum vitae (CV) with a publication list
- Certified copy of doctoral degree certificate
- Certified copies of other diplomas, a list of completed academic courses and grades
- Copy of doctoral thesis,
- Copies of relevant publications
- Contact information for at least two reference persons
- Other documents that the applicant wishes to claim
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have completed a doctoral degree or a foreign degree deemed equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must have good knowledge of oral and written English.
The successfully selected candidates will be provided 27,500 SEK per month in year one and 28,000 SEK per month in year two of their study at Umea University.