Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is offering an opportunity to apply for the Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship in Australia.
The program is open to all Australian citizens or permanent resident who will be starting university for the first time in 2022. The program will provide access to enrichment programs that develop your leadership potential and kick-start your technology career.
Well-paid offer to pursue an undergraduate study in Infomation Technology with stud fund.
User Review( votes)
The Queensland University of Technology is a modern university for the real world that offers more than 400 courses and research programs. QUT aim is to empower the next generation of entrepreneurs and support the industries that will define tomorrow.
Why study at the Queensland University of Technology? As a leading Australian university with a truly global outlook, QUT is providing real-world infrastructure, learning and teaching, and graduate skills to the next generation of change-makers.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Queensland University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000 per year up to three years
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Australian
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications will be accepted only from Australia.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded for the undergraduate degree course in the following subjects.
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments
- Bachelor of Data Science
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- be graduating Year 12 (or a gap year) in 2022
- be starting university for the first time in 2023
- be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- have achieved an ATAR of 90.0 or above (or International Baccalaureate equivalent). ATAR adjustment schemes are applicable in the assessment of these scholarships.
- have placed QUT as your first preference
Eligible applicants will:
- display an active interest in making a positive difference through technology
- demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to their continued growth and development
- display an active desire for participation in their community including a commitment to be an active Westpac Scholar Alumni member
- demonstrate resilience
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications are based on academic performance and potential for leadership. To apply, applicants must follow the three steps as the following:
- Step 1 Complete the Westpac Young Technologists questionnaire
- Step 2 Start a new application and upload your completed questionnaire
- Step 3 Continue a saved application where required.
- Supporting Documents: Before starting your application, applicants must prepare the required documents to submit.
- Admission Requirements: To keep the program, applicants must be enrolled full-time in an eligible IT degree for the duration your studies and maintain a course grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher each semester.
- Applicants need to either have completed Australian Year 12 (or equivalent) or be aged 17 or older and be applying on the basis of your previous study or work experience.
- Language Requirement: To meet English language proficiency requirements, you must check specific English proficiency requirements for your chosen course.
- The award is valued at up to $15,000 and will be paid at $5,000 per year ($2,500 per semester) over a three-year period of full-time study.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to attend the Westpac Scholars Summit in Sydney at the advised time (expected in March) in their first year.