With the R&A Ransome award, graduate students will have an opportunity to enrich their experience of deserving by receiving the chance to gain a one-year taught postgraduate course at the University of St Andrews.
Recognized in 1413, the University of St Andrews is the third-oldest university in the United Kingdom. St Andrews has organized 18 academic schools into four faculties and offers more than 900 undergraduate and several postgraduate opportunities.
Why study at the University of St Andrews? Studying at St Andrews, gives a world-class education and teaching with an unforgettable experience and cutting-edge research for students.
Application Deadline: 28 January 2021
- University or Organization: University of St Andrews
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: Full tuition fees, Accommodation, and book & travel allowance
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 3
- Nationality: International
- The award can take in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Canada, Mexico and the USA
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is available for a one-year taught postgraduate course (MLitt, MRes, MSc) in all subjects offered by St Andrews
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants from all subjects and schools from Canada, Mexico and the USA are eligible to apply.
- Academically qualified applicants, well-rounded students, who have demonstrated leadership skills, are eligible to apply.
- All other postgraduate programmes, including the Graduate Diploma, are not eligible.
- Distance learning courses and collaborative Masters’ courses in which the first year is not undertaken at St Andrews are also not eligible.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To receive an award, applicants must take admission at the University of St Andrews. The university has different application routes for postgraduate students depending on the course you are applying for.
- Supporting Documents: Submit a valid English language test report, previous academic certificate, and other documents that will require at the time of admission application.
- Admission Requirements: There are different requirements for admission at St. Andrews according to different countries. Before applying, please check the country requirements – Canada, Mexico, and the USA
- Language Requirement: Students must have an English certificate as IELTS, PTE, CPE, CAE, TOEFL, and Trinity ISE II.
Winners will receive full tuition fees for each year of study as well as all the following benefits:
- Accommodation fees to cover residential university costs
- Comparable-fees to contribute towards private residential costs
- Fixed book allowance and travel allowance.