Imperial College London is pleased to announce the Research Council Studentships for students in the UK. Applications are now open for the academic year 2021-2022.
UK and EU country nationals are exclusively offered this studentship towards the maintenance cost and tuition fee of the undertaken PhD programme at Imperial. Candidates with a good Honours degree are an eligible fit for the studentship.
Imperial College London is a public research university ranked 7th worldwide, 3rd in Europe, and 1st in London. ICL aims to provide an education for students from around the world that equips them with the knowledge and skills they require to pursue their ambitions.
Why choose to study at Imperial College London? The Imperial College London delivers world-class scholarship, education, and research in science, engineering, medicine, and business, with particular regard to their application in industry, commerce, and healthcare. It is marching towards developing the next generation of researchers, scientists, and academics.
Application Deadline: Rolling
- University or Organization: Imperial College London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programmes offered at Imperial are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have applied for admission at Imperial College London, and beholding an offer, at the time of nomination.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants need to log in to the university portal and apply to any desired PhD programme. Research Councils do not accept applications directly from individual students. Those wishing to be considered for an award should contact the department in which they intend to study. Application forms will then be made available to those students whom the department wishes to nominate.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal statement
- Two academic references
- Motivation letter
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a good upper second class Honours degree or first or second class Honours degree from a British academic institution or international.
- Language Requirement: All Imperial applicants must also show that they have a sufficiently good level of written and spoken English to meet the demands of our challenging academic environment.
The applicants that will be selected for the studentship will be given funds to cover maintenance and home rate fees of a PhD study at Imperial.