The Chalmers University of Technology is seeking candidates with expertise in frequency comb technology to apply for the Postdoctoral Positions in Microcomb Technology. The position is open for the academic year 2021-2022.
Funded by the European Research Council, this project aims to investigate the potential of a new class of coherent microresonator frequency combs, namely dark optical solitons (or dark pulse Kerr combs), in advanced optical communication systems. Candidates that have relevant PhD qualifications are eligible.
User Review( votes)
The Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university centered solely on research and education in technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, maritime, and other management areas. Ranking 342nd in Best Global Universities, it aims to produce and spread knowledge, expertise, and solutions that benefit everyone.
Why choose to study at the Chalmers University of Technology? The Chalmers University of Technology is a global institute of research that is making an impact on a sustainable future. At Chalmers, students learn to think independently, and to meet future challenges with the help of engineering methods.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2021
- University or Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Swedish students as well as other international candidates are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a postdoctoral in micro comb technology and applications at Chalmers.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be responsible enough to lead and conduct research and guide junior PhD students.
- The applicants must have solid experience with ultrafast optics (laser frequency combs), nanophotonics, and finite element method solvers.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Application for the postdoctoral position can be made here. Students are required to mention Ref 20210406 while applying.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Attested copies of completed education, grades, and other certificates
- Personal letter
- Admission Requirements: The applicants should have a PhD degree (or equivalent) in Applied Physics, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have English proficiency equivalent to or above the Swedish upper secondary school English course 6. An internationally recognized English test is accepted.
The selected candidates will be offered full-time temporary employment for up to 2 years along with a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, and access to world-class facilities and infrastructure.