Want to enjoy a hands-on approach to the deployment of machine learning on real systems? Then, you must look at the Research Engineer Positions offered at the School of Computer Science of the University of Adelaide for the academic year 2022-2023.
All international and domestic students with relevant academic qualifications, knowledge, and experience in deep learning and robotics software tools such as ROS and PyTorch are eligible to apply for this position. The applicants will receive up to $101,987 per annum and 17% superannuation upon selection.
A fine chance for applicants in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1874, it is the third-oldest university in Australia, the University of Adelaide is a public research university located in Adelaide, South Australia. It is ranked 111th in 2022 THE World University Rankings.
Why choose to study at the University of Adelaide? The University of Adelaide is a dynamic participant in society, leading the community in leveraging change for social and economic benefit. The university wishes to be the international leader in research, design, and implementation of inclusive, empowering, and sustainable whole-system humanitarian and development solutions.
Application Deadline: Applications will close at 11:55 pm, 2 September 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Adelaide
- Department: School of Computer Science
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $101,987
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: American and foreign national students can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants must apply for the Research Engineer position at the School of Computer Science at the University of Adelaide.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a track record of delivering working software and integrated software/hardware solutions.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with various programming languages, particularly Python.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as a member of a broader team, including with industry partners.
- Knowledge and experience of deep learning and robotics software tools such as ROS and PyTorch and a track record of effective deployment of these within robotics and computer vision projects.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply by logging in to the application portal of the university. All eligible students will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required t provide documents such as degree transcripts and curriculum vitae.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline with relevant experience.
- Language Requirement: The students must have fluency in written and spoken English, with an ability to communicate scientific and engineering ideas to an expert audience, both orally and written.
The selected applicant will be offered $91,187 – $101,987 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% superannuation per annum by the University of Adelaide.