Wellcome Foundation is pleased to offer Research Fellowships in Humanities and Social Science to study in the UK. Fellowships are open from applicants from the UK, the Republic of Ireland or low- or middle-income countries who want to explore areas of health but do not hold established academic posts.
The Wellcome’s main objective is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible with changing needs of the students.
User Review( votes)
Wellcome is a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. They support scientists and researchers take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing a research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Humanities and Social Science.
Award: A Research Fellowship is for up to three years, or applicants can hold it part-time over a longer period. Support includes
- A basic salary (determined by their host organisation)
- Research expenses
- During their fellowship, they can apply for public engagement funds to involve the public in their research and inspire learning.
What they don’t offer
- They don’t fund on a proportion of full economic costs in UK universities.
The award can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants can apply for a Research Fellowships if applicants are
- A postdoctoral researcher who wants to carry out an extended period of enquiry on their own project
- Not in a tenured or long-term established post (including a rolling contract)
- Based (or plan to be based) in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country.
- In most cases, applicants should have been awarded a Ph.D. before they apply.
Nationality: Applicants from UK, Republic of Ireland or low- or middle-income countries are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A postdoctoral researcher who wants to carry out an extended period of enquiry on their own project is eligible to apply.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: Preliminary application deadline: 2 July 2019, 17:00 BST and Full application deadline: 12 September 2019, 17:00 BST.