Aiming to support PhD students undertaking research in designing a tough and versatile hydrogel with self-healing properties, the University of Sydney has come up with the Research Scholarships in Engineering Processable. International and domestic applications for the academic year 2021-2022 are now open.
Applicants that apply for a PhD study program at the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sydney are eligible to take this application. Eligible students are those that hold a relevant academic qualification and have applied for an RTP scholarship as well. A tuition fee and a monthly stipend will be offered to the selected students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is a public research university ranking 38th in QS Global World Rankings and 27th in Best Global Universities. It believes in education for all and leadership that improves lives in all of the communities served.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is an internationally known university consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world to be a leader in education, research, student experience, and graduate employability. The university possesses exquisite excellence in research and teaching and is highly dedicated to supporting students throughout their journey at the University of Sydney.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: Faculty of Engineering
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: Tuition and Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian national students and other foreign applicants are both eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Full-time PhD program at the Faculty of Engineering can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission to study for a full-time PhD at the Faculty of Engineering.
- The applicants must hold an honors degree.
- The applicants must apply for an RTP scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to log in to the university portal to apply for a PhD program of choice. Scholarship applications need to be made here along with an RTP scholarship application, for which domestic and international students need to apply separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal statement
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of motivation
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold an honors degree (first-class or second class upper) or equivalent in polymer engineering and chemistry for or a relevant discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) – 7.0
- TOEFL iBT – 96
- PTE Academic – 68
The selected students will be provided with an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney’s Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate (indexed on 1 January each year), for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance. An international student will also be provided academic fees for 12 months.