Pursue your graduate studies in the land of unparallel opportunities and fascinating sights, Japan, at the University of Tokyo through the Foundation Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
International students that want to undertake graduate or research study programs at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences at UTokyo with an academic excellence record and good character can take this application and receive 50,000 JPY/month. Students that need financial support direly will be considered.
User Review( votes)
The University of Tokyo is a public research university that ranks 1st in the nation and aims to nurture global leaders with a strong sense of public responsibility and a pioneering spirit, possessing both deep specialism and broad knowledge.
Why choose to study at the University of Tokyo? The University of Tokyo is a leading national university that expands the boundaries of human knowledge in partnership with society. UTokyo provides their students exclusively experiences through different ways of learning. It tries to impart the kind of practical knowledge that employers look for today.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021
- University or Organization: University of Tokyo
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: 50,000 JPY/month
- Number of Awards: 10
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan.
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Graduate or research programs offered at UToyo GSFS are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a student visa status as of October 2021.
- The applicants must be self-financed international students studying at GSFS as regular or research students.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to submit the mentioned supporting documents via e-mail with the subject line “Shenkikin_your Student ID no_your name” to International Liaison Office via mail at [email protected] to submit admission and scholarship application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Application form
- Transcripts of current course
- Copy of residence card
- Copy of student ID
- Recommendation letter
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must either have a JPLT level N2 or higher proficiency in Japanese or are required to have TOEFL iBT with a 72, IELTS score of 5.5, or TOEIC L&R marking of 785 in English.
This grant will provide the selected international students with 50,000 JPY per month from October 2021 to March 2022 towards their graduate study expenses at UTokyo.