The Luleå University of Technology of Sweden is inviting applications for Research Scientist position in Atmospheric Science with focus on laboratory and computational chemistry for 1-year. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
The aim of the successful candidate is to lead both: i) laboratory experiments related to the development of chemical gardens; ii) computational analysis to study chemical reactions relevant to Martian chemistry.
Good opportunity for students.
User Review( votes)
The Luleå University of Technology of Sweden is Scandinavia’s northernmost university of technology. It has four campuses, located in Luleå (the main campus), Kiruna (space science), Skellefteå (wood technology and computer game engineering) and Piteå (Department of music and media). LTU offers 17 Master programs that include programs in Civil Engineering, Climate Sensitive Urban Planning and Building, Wood Technology, Spacecraft Design along with other programs.
- Applications Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: This is a research scientist position.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in Atmospheric Science with focus on laboratory and computational chemistry.
- Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Persons are eligible to be appointed as Researcher if they have a PhD degree in Chemistry, or have a foreign degree that is considered to be equivalent to a PhD degree in Chemistry.
- Assessment criteria
The following criteria for assessment will be applied:
- Proficiency in both laboratory and computational chemistry.
- Experience developing chemical gardens in the laboratory.
- Other criteria (meritorious):
- Programming skills in Python, Fortran, …
- Experience in infrared spectroscopy
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.