ICBA seeks to appoint a researcher with expertise in analyzing data from NASA’s fleet of Earth Science satellites. This data will be used to assimilate the output from the hydrological model, and for analysis of water use in particular agricultural systems.
Study Subject:Land Data Assimilation System
Employer:International Center for Biosaline Agriculture
Description: In partnership with NASA Goddard Space Flight Center and funded by USAID, the Middle East North Africa – Land Data Assimilation System (MENA-LDAS) is being developed at the International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA) in Dubai. This research will generate data and scientific insight on regional surface- and ground-water resources.
User Review( votes)
The position is full-time fixed term (initially six months with the possibility of extension) with a competitive international package. The position is based at the ICBA campus in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
* Expertise in analysing GRACE, and if possible MODIS and TRMM data as well.
* Experience in working with numerical models (hydrology, hydrogeology, SVAT or climate).
* proven ability to handle/analyze spatio-temporal data sets relating to environmental monitoring and models as well as to remote sensing.
* Expertise in scientific programming (ideally FORTRAN, Unix or PERL).
* Experience with ENVI and ArcGIS.
Masters-degree level education and advanced skills in Remote Sensing, Hydrological Science, Environmental Science or a related discipline.
Collaboration with the other members of the MENA-LDAS team will be essential to the post, offering ample opportunities to broaden the successful applicant’s expertise.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2011