To encourage meritorious students by contributing toward the cost of their studies, Carleton University has established the Richard Van Loon Scholarships for the academic session 2023-2024.
This scholarship is available for the most talented candidates from African countries commencing the undergraduate degree coursework at Carleton University.
A fine chance for African students to study at Carleton University.
User Review( votes)
With a goal to provide disciplinary and interdisciplinary teaching, study, and research, the creation and dissemination of knowledge, the involvement of its students in experiential learning at home and abroad, and the improvement of its community, Carleton University is an independent and collegial university.
Why choose to study at Carleton University? Carleton offers opportunities for practical education both inside and outside of the lecture hall or lab. Experiments in the lab, involvement in research projects, field courses, practicums, and co-op employment are all opportunities to gain experience. As a source of brilliance, cultural enrichment, and social strength, diversity is something that Carleton University is dedicated to encouraging within its community. It has one of the biggest engineering faculties in the nation, and its cognitive science programme is still growing.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until February 1, 2023.
- University or Organization: Carleton University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Students from African countries.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject area offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must be an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- You must be registered as a full-time student at Carleton University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- You must be in good academic standing.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All interested candidates must apply through the online application form for this funding program.
- Supporting Documents: The candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Copy of all post-secondary transcripts
- A statement of intent
- A portfolio
- A sample writing
- Citizenship proof
- Admission Requirements: The admission average will be calculated using all 9 academic subjects at the highest level taken. Prerequisites must be presented at grade 11 or 12.
- Offers will be finalized on receipt of final grades and official graduation certificate. The graduation certificate should be verified by China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC).
- Language Requirement: The candidates must fulfil the following English language proficiency requirements:
- Canadian Academic English Language Test – 70 (Minimum 60 in each band)
- TOEFL -86 (20 in reading and listening, and 22 in speaking writing)
- IELTS – 6.6 ( Minimum 6.0 in each band)
- PTE – 60 overall ( Minimum 60 in each Communicative skill)
Each successful scholar will receive the award amount of $10,000 to complete their studies in Canada.