To fund pilot projects, which will produce data needed for applications to external funding agencies, the University of Toronto‡s Department of Medicine has designed the Strategic Medical Education Scholarship (MEdS) for the academic year 2022-2023.
The Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto is offering this opportunity to all interested international students and Canadian national students who have undertaken research studies. It is suggested that the research projects promote research and award in areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion; competency-based education and teaching innovation receive preference. The selected faculty member will be awarded up to $10,000.
User Review( votes)
The University of Toronto is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The University of Toronto is ranked 16th Best Global Universities and is recognized as one of the world‡s great universities, distinguished by an extraordinary depth and breadth of excellence.
Why choose to study at the University of Toronto? The University of Toronto is dedicated to fostering an academic community and provides its students with a transformative educational experience, equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed to navigate our rapidly changing world.
Application Deadline: The next application deadline is 11th November 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Toronto
- Department: Department of Medicine
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $10,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Home and International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Canada and overseas are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply to become full-time faculty members at the Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be full-time or part-time faculty members of the Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto. There may be a maximum of two Co-PIs.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application form must be submitted as a single PDF to Judy Tran, Coordinator, MEdS via mail at [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The candidates are required to prepare a project proposal with the following components:
- Background and Introduction
- Methodology and Rationale
- Project Feasibility
- Expected Outcomes and Knowledge Mobilization plan
- Proposed Timeline
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have at least one member of their team serve on the future peer-review committees.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have proficiency in the English language.
University of Toronto will award the chosen faculty member and winner of the scholarship an award amount of $10,000 for 2 years, i.e. $5,000 per year.