Tokyo Institute of Technology and RIKEN have come together to give qualified international students a chance to pursue their PhD degree through its RIKEN International Program Associate Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
Applicants who wish to undertake a PhD degree programme at the Tokyo Institute of Technology in Nano-materials and Nano-biomaterials are eligible to receive this scholarship. The applicants must be international entrants holding a relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree.
This scholarship program will definitely make study abroad affordable for students.
User Review( votes)
Tokyo Institute of Technology is a national research university and is one of the top Public universities in Tokyo, Japan, ranked 56th in QS Global World Rankings 2021. It seeks to contribute to civilization, peace, and prosperity in the world. It aims at developing global human capabilities par excellence through pioneering research and education in science and technology, including industrial and social management.
Why study at the Tokyo Institute of Technology? Tokyo Institute of Technology provides vast data on the career paths of Tokyo Tech graduates. The faculty at the Tokyo Institute of Technology put a lot of effort into supporting international students. Tokyo Institute of Technology promotes world-class research by encouraging international collaborative projects and building a global research environment. It is actively involved in collaborations with the world’s top universities and research institutes and sends Tokyo Tech researchers overseas.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: JPY 5,200
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all over the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students are eligible to take up a PhD degree programme in the field of Nano-materials and Nano-biomaterials.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The students must be enrolled and accepted into the university.
- The students must have enrolled for a programme commencing in September.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must fill the application form of the university and send it via mail to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Bachelor’s degree certification
- High school transcripts
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of motivation
- Master’s degree certification
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have successfully obtained a degree equivalent to a master’s degree or a professional master’s degree at a university or college outside Japan to be admitted for a doctoral degree programme at TIT under this scholarship.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
The Tokyo Institute of Technology and RIKEN will provide the selected applicants monetary benefit in the form of living expenses of JPY 5,200 and also render housing allowance as well as airfare worth 1 round trip upto three years of study.