Rotary Foundation is now accepting applications for the Rotary Graduate program. The Rotary scheme is one of the largest privately funded awards in the world.
The grant is intended to help a deserving student to accomplish educational goals and prepare for future career aspirations.
Wonderful programme for Study in the USA.
User Review( votes)
This is for students from outside the UK (a citizen of a low to middle-income country), who are planning to take up a place on a graduate course within District 1090. In 2017 Rotary International celebrated 70 years of the study.
The Rotary Foundation is a non-profit corporation that supports the efforts of Rotary International to achieve world understanding and peace through international humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs
Application Deadline: Check back next year
- International candidates are eligible to apply for education.
- This will be awarded either in the area of Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution or Economic and Community.
- The applicants must be following eligibility criteria:
This scholarship is for students from outside the UK, who are planning to take up a place on a graduate course within District 1090. To be eligible:
- Applicants must be from (a citizen of) a low to a middle-income country, as defined by the UK Government’s Department of International Development.
- Applicants must have been offered a place, or expect to receive an offer of a place to study on a graduate course in the academic year 2019/20. Applicants must expect to be in receipt of an offer by April 2019
- The planned university course must fit either under Rotary’s first Areas of Focus “Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution” or the sixth Area of Focus “Economic and Community Development”.
- Applicants must be planning to study at a university within Rotary District 1090. This covers Brunel, Bucks New, Oxford, Oxford Brookes and Reading Universities.
- Applicants must be planning to start on a new course in the academic year 2019/20, ie this application will not be awarded to a student about to move into year two of a two-year graduate course.
- Rotarians are not eligible to apply. Applicants may not be related to a Rotarian (partner, child or grandchild of a current Rotarian or someone who has been a Rotarian in the last three years). The studentships are funded by Global Grants and this fits with the rule that Rotarians and their families may not be beneficiaries of a Global Grant.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Interested applicants must go through the given link to apply for the free study program. The application process is a two-step process.
- First, a club or district will select one or more candidates and commit to providing some of the funding, then the online application will be submitted to the Rotary Foundation grants officers in the head office in Evanston in the USA.
- This online application is submitted by three parties: the potential scholar, the international Rotarians, and the host Rotarians.
- Supporting Documents: You do not need to submit any supporting documents for the award program.
- Admission Requirements: In order to apply for education, all interested applicants must be enrolled at a university in the United States.
- Language Requirement: English language requirements for candidates who do not speak English as their first language.
Benefits: The available amount for the Rotary Foundation Graduate grant is USD 30,000.
Note: The deadline for the first step will vary across clubs and districts and could be from January through to April for studies starting in September/October. The deadline for the second step is 30th June for studies starting in September/October.