To strengthen students skills in the field of Applied Sciences and Engineering, the PASET is offering the RSIF PhD Scholarships for the year 2020.
WISE – Futures is one of the East and Southern Africa Higher Education Centers of Excellence. It aimed at achieving excellence by uplifting the capacity of Tanzania and African nations to solve pressing problems related to water, sanitation, and energy.
Why should you join this program? Their mission is to achieve excellence in teaching, learning, research, and outreach in water, sanitation and energy security. They provide an excellent learning environment for graduates.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2020
- University or Organization: Wise-Futures and PASET
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fees and other stipends
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan African Students
- The award can be taken in Tanzania
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African Country
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in applied sciences, engineering or technology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The master’s degree must have been completed less than six years before April 30 2020.
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the African Host University they are applying to.
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan Africa country.
- Be willing to enrol full-time in a PhD program at an African Host University in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Be willing to spend 6-24 months in ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- Demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the RSIF Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To being enlisted in the program, aspirants are required to enrol in the PhD degree program at the host university. After that, you can complete the award application form.
- Supporting Documents: Copies of bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates, copies of university transcripts for bachelor’s and master’s degrees, current curriculum vitae, personal statement/ motivation letter, phd proposal abstract, two signed, official letters of recommendation from your employer
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must have a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study.
- Language Requirement: Students must have a good command on the written and spoken the English language.
RSIF PhD Scholars will receive the following benefits:
- The RSIF PhD Scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, a competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance and research costs.
- RSIF PhD scholars will be supported to spend 6-24 months on ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- RSIF PhD scholars become part of a growing network of emerging leaders in ASET fields in SSA.
- RSIF PhD scholars will have access to RSIF competitive research grants upon completion of their PhD.