The University of Applied Sciences Europe is pleased to offer Graduate and undergraduate financial aid for the coming semester 2017/18. International students are eligible to apply for this application program.
The aim of The grant is to provide financial help to international students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Applied Sciences Europe educates management and design talents in the following four faculties: Business, Art & Design, New Media and Communication, International Service Industries / Sports Management.
Course Level: Undergraduates from any program and any campus are eligible to apply beginning in their second semester (including lateral entrants). Graduate students can apply in their first semester.
Study Subject: The Art & Design Department (hereinafter BTK) awards scholarships to promote new art and design talent at BTK.
Award: There are up to nine partial scholarships to be awarded for the duration of one semester.
Number of Awards: Nine opportunities are available.
The award can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
a) BTK opportunities are awarded based on performance.
b) Students who apply should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent academic performance as demonstrated by current GPA, which should be at least 1.7 (The funding board has records of students’ academic performance, so applicants do not need to provide them. In case of doubt whether this criterion can be fulfilled, grades can be inquired after at the examination office.) The following criteria are used for the assessment „content“, „form “ and „artistic or social relevance “ and are weighted with 3 out of 5 points.
- Portfolio of own artistic or academic work, work done to meet course requirements, and work done outside of BTK’s academic programs
- Extracurricular involvement at BTK (such as involvement in university policymaking as a student representative or representing the university externally) or community involvement outside the university. This criterion is weighted with 2 out of 5 points.
c) The scholarship committee can award up to 25 per cent of the funding to students to students with special economic needs. The criteria listed above still apply in such cases, the applications are not in competition with regular applications Proof of need is the responsibility of the applicant.
Social economic needs are generally provided by proof of funding according to the Federal Training Promotion Act (BAföG). In other cases, e.g. disease, the particular need may also be determined by other means, e.g. certificates. In any case, a personal statement must also be submitted. If there are no applications for hardship cases, the total funds are allocated according to § 2 (2).
d) The studentships are only awarded to students who have no debt with BTK at the time the opportunities are awarded. Therefore a revised version respectively a new application is to be handed in.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this application program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Excellent academic performance as demonstrated by current GPA, which should be at least 1.7.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The following documents have to be sent (only in digital form!) for a successful application:
- Application form
• letter of motivation
• name of a tutor or professor to act as your contact/reference (no letter of recommendation needed!)
• proof of artistic/scientific achievements: small portfolio comprised of works form previous semesters (one or two projects as a PDF document)
• proof of social commitment at BTK or outside of university within the last two semesters (listed in tabular form). Please make sure to follow the formal criteria.
• if applicable: information about other funding you applied for or are already receiving (not relevant for granting of this application
• In case you want to apply for a scholarship according to § 2 Abs. 3 of the guidelines (special economic and/or social needs), please hand in also the corresponding proves.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is July 18, 2017.