The Government of Punjab is offering fully-funded Ph.D. Scholarships for Pakistani Students across Pakistan. These financial aid positions will be awarded to study at the top-ranked educational institutions of the world.
Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) is a revolutionary step of Govt. of the Punjab which will enable the youth to study at the top-ranked educational institutions of the world and play their role in strengthening & uplifting the economy of Pakistan.
Great opportunity for aspirants.
User Review( votes)
The scholarship scheme focuses the meritorious students of Punjab while allocating a special quota for the students of other federating units of Pakistan as well.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: The studentships are offered for Ph.D. level education at the top-ranked universities in the world.
- Study Subject: The studentships are offered in the field of Engineering & Technology, Life Sciences & Medicine, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences & Humanities/Arts.
- Award: Ph.D. Scholarships awarded under SSMS are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees of the Degree Course
- Boarding and Lodging
- Health Insurance
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Students from Pakistan
- The award can be taken in Pakistan
- Eligible Countries: Students from Pakistan can apply for Ph.D. scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Students fulfilling the following criterion shall be eligible to apply for SSMS
- Valid Ph.D. admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas (www.peef.org.pk/ssms.html)
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse, and parents) is equal to or less than PKR. 200,000/-
- Maximum age of 35 years on 29th March 2018
- Not availed of any foreign award in the past.
- Must take up the program in the year for which it is offered and the program shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani nationals, both males and females are eligible to apply.
- English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: The required components for a complete application packet are as follows:-
- Attested copy of CNIC.
- Copy of Passport.
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials.
- Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal.
- Income affidavit on legal paper (sample attached with application form).
- Copy of last paid utility bills (electricity, gas, phone).
- Attested copy of domicile.
- Copy of previous months’ payslips (self/parents/guardian if applicable).
- Three passport size photographs (blue background).
- Any other supporting documentation required to substantiate the facts given in the application form.