Outstanding international students who want to embark on a career in film and communication can apply for the School of Communication and Film Admission Scholarships at the Hong Kong Baptist University for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship is designed for bachelor study programmes for non-local, non-mainland, and mainland students only. International students can also participate. Selection will be based on the interview performance and academic performance. A maximum of HK$60,000 will be awarded to eligible students.
This fantastic funding scheme will help you ease the significant financial burdens.
User Review( votes)
Hong Kong Baptist University is a publicly funded university ranked 607th among Best Global Universities. It delivers the best student experience by cultivating students’ integrity, creativity, communication, employability, and commitment to the common good.
Why choose to study at the Hong Kong Baptist University? HKBU is committed to academic excellence in teaching, research, and service and to developing the whole person in all these endeavors built upon the heritage of Christian higher education.
Application Deadline: The extended application round at HKBU begins on 1st February 2022 and lasts until 31st May 2022.
- University or Organization: Hong Kong Baptist University
- Department: School of Communication and Film
- Course Level: Bachelor
- Award: HK$60,000
- Number of Awards: 16
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong.
- Eligible Countries: Non-local, non-mainland, and mainland students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can take a bachelor programme at the School of Communication and Film of HKBU.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have 3ALs/IALs, BBB/AAA, or above, excluding English and Chinese in GCE.
- The applicants must have a minimum score of 33/37 or above on IB.
- The applicants must have an SAT score of 1200/1400 or above to be eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to apply through the online application system of the university. Eligible students will automatically be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit a high school graduation diploma.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must submit SAT or ACT results with a minimum of 1200 or 23 scores, respectively.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.0
- C1/C2 – Grade C
The selected applicants will be presented a sum of HK$20,000 – HK$60,000 towards an eligible bachelor programme at HKBU.
- Students that submit SAT, GCE, and IB scores will receive a HK$60,000 scholarship award.
- International students will be provided up to HK$60,000 – HK$20,000 – HK$60,000, and mainland students will be provided HK$60,000.