The University of St Andrews is now offering the School of English MFA Scholarships to enable academically distinguished students to gain higher education in the UK.
Outstanding international entrants who hold deep interests in fine arts and wish to undertake a master’s programme are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The applicants must have an excellent undergraduate-level certification or a master’s degree in creative writing to be admitted to MFA 1st year and MFA 2nd year.
Through this scholarship , you can get the financial aid you need to achieve your educational dream.
User Review( vote)
The University of St Andrews is a public university in St Andrews ranked #96 in QS Global World Rankings 2021 and is one of the top public universities. It has a long-term vision to be a center of professional excellence and innovation in the creation and delivery of educational programmes, with a core focus on the English language, academic and intercultural communication skills, and teacher development.
Why study at the University of St Andrews? The University of St Andrews holds a reputation for world-class teaching. The academic study is both rigorous and rewarding at St. Andrews. It aims to offer a unique experience for international students where they will have the opportunity to embrace new perspectives and challenge their ideas while exploring a wide range of subjects. The students are supported throughout their time at St Andrews, both academically and with personal issues, by the faculty. It also offers a wonderful opportunity to experience different cultures in a new setting.
Application Deadline: 1st June 2021
- University or Organization: University of St Andrews
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s
- Award: £10,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Masters of Fine Arts are eligible to apply under this scholarship.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold a good honors level undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- The applicants should hold or expect to obtain a Masters’s degree in Creative Writing at a distinction level grade.
- The applicants must be enrolled in the university.
- The applicants must have received and accepted the offer letter from the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to apply through the online application system of the university. Applicants that are accepted and have submitted impactful writing samples will be considered for the award.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation
- Other required documents according to the program of study
- Two academic references
- A portfolio of original verse, prose, playwriting, or screenwriting
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold previous qualifications with first-class grades of 60% -80% (minimum) or 7.0 – 9.0 CGPA to secure a seat at the University of St. Andrews.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain minimum required scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 8.0
The university will write £10,000 per annum to the winning applicants for up to 2 years of study.