To support excellent and brilliant international students in the USA, the University of Sheffield is happy to announce the School of Law PhD International Scholarships for the academic session 2022/2023.
There are a number of funding opportunities available to students from both the UK and overseas. The purpose of the grant is to motivate outstanding students who want to commence a PhD degree at the university.
Nice chance for international students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sheffield was founded in 1905 and is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It has gone to the top in the UK for engineering research income and expenditure, and it is among the top 10 UK universities for research award money.
Why would you like to study at the University of Sheffield? Students can increase their legal knowledge and obtain qualifications for worldwide legal practise while attending this university. If they intend to teach law, an LLM is also incredibly advantageous.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2022
- University or Organization: University of Sheffield
- Department: School of Law
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Varies
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK and overseas students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in the following subfields of law and criminology:
- Law and technology
- Public international law
- Family law
- Children and the law
- Public law
- IP law
- Wellbeing and the legal system
- Probation and non-custodial punishment
- Gender and criminal justice
- Criminology of war
- Colonial and post-colonial law and justice
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Be an overseas student for fee purposes
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this opportunity, applicants have to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the university. After that, you have to complete the online application System. Submit the scholarship application: Once you have completed step 1, or if you already have an offer to study with us, you should log into your postgraduate application and complete the additional scholarship section.
- Supporting Documents: Proof of your previous degree(s), Official translations into English, Academic references, a supporting statement (including a research proposal where relevant), Curriculum vitae (CV)/resume.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must have a previous degree certificate with remarkable results.
- Language Requirement: As part of our English language requirements, you may be required to take an internationally recognised English language test such as IELTS.
This scholarship will fund the following study expenses:
Fees: Full payment of tuition fees across the course of study at the Home rate. For international students, the residual fee must be met by the individual.
Maintenance/stipend: £9000 per year for full-time students with payments being made to the individual in quarterly installments for three and a half years after the start of the course.
Research Training Support Grant: Up to £500 per year for 3 years with the balance of unspent funds rolling forward each year. Restrictions apply to the use of these funds and there must be a clear connection to supporting the research project. Any unspent funds at the end of the project will be retained by the School.