Put your research skills into practice and gain new ones by applying for the Fully-funded International PhD Positionsin Passionfruit Breeding and Evaluation offered by Southern Cross University.
This project aims to provide breeding values based on important traits that will be used to optimise the selection of parents and develop an improved system for selecting new varieties.
Founded in 1994, Southern Cross University is one of the top 100 young universities in the world, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Southern Cross University’s faculty and students begin research in various fields, including civil engineering, crop and pasture production, and so on.
Why study at Southern Cross University? By enrolling at this university, you will receive a high-quality education that will challenge and inspire you throughout your studies, as well as the opportunity to learn from inspiring people.
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled
- University: Southern Cross University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Passionfruit Breeding and Evaluation
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The ideal candidate is highly motivated for scientific research in plant breeding and genetics. The successful applicant will need to meet the entry requirements to enrol in a PhD at Southern Cross University on a full-time basis, including a second-class Honours degree (or above) or an MSc degree (or equivalent) in biological or agricultural sciences.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, as well as excellent communication and team skills, are expected. A valid driver’s licence is required. The position is open to all domestic applicants and international applicants currently based in Australia.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To begin the application process, applicants need to take admission to the university. After taking admission, you can directly contact Dr. Catherine Nock ([email protected]) for more information about this opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are asked to submit an expression of interest, which must include a CV, copies of previous research outputs and a cover letter outlining a summary of your research experience.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for free study, candidates must have to check out the admission requirements page.
- Language Requirement: Good knowledge of spoken and written English and excellent communication and team skills are expected.
The successful candidates will be offered a PhD stipend (for a 3-year duration at the Australian Research Training Program rate; the 2021 rate is $28,597 per year, indexed annually), plus a tuition fee waiver and an additional stipend to cover research costs.