Would you like to study in Denmark? Make your dream come true by applying for the International PhD Scholarships in Estuaries and Coastal Areas funded by the University of Southern Denmark.
The main aim of this award is to provide financial support to high-achieving domestic and international students who want to pursue a PhD degree program at SDU.
Worthy offer for international students in Denmark.
User Review( votes)
In 1998, the University of Southern Denmark in Odense was established. It is a well-known university that offers standard academic programmes as well as business and engineering programmes.
Why study at the University of Southern Denmark? SDU is assisting in the provision of high-quality education to all students. Here, a population of 3,772 administrative personnel and 29,674 students are working hard to fulfill their long-term objectives.
Application Deadline: June 28, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Southern Denmark
- Department: Department of Biology
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Candidates all around the world can apply for this programme.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in the Role of Multiple Marine Measures for Improving Environmental Conditions in Estuaries and Coastal Areas
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Must be familiar with the maritime port/ship industry and have a committed passion for exploration and sustainability.
- Must have degrees of MSc in Management of Operations, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Marine, Logistics or equivalents (Danish M.A.)
- Must be comfortable with data science, statistics, AI and programming languages and willingness to learn new if needed
- Comfortable with data science, statistics, AI and programming languages and willingness to learn new if needed
- Experience with building and executing quantitative models in business / industrial settings will be an advantage
- Comfortable working both independently and within an international team
- Willingness to do applied science and support project team, industrial partners and overall research project progress
- Interested in longer-term commitment to a growing research group
- Comfortable to work with students and to contribute to teaching/supervision of (master) students
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for the opportunity, candidates must take admission in a PhD degree program at the University of Southern Denmark. All applicants must consequently apply online.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all required documents:
- A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
- A letter stating your specific interest, motivation, and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”)
- Detailed CV, including personal contact information
- Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including a transcript of notes/grades
- At least two signed reference letters.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the admission requirement to apply for the PhD International Position at the University of Southern Denmark.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English, both spoken and written.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).