Swansea University Medical School is pleased to announce the Fully-Funded PhD Scholarships in collaboration with Houston Methodist Research Institute in the UK.
The successful candidate will benefit from multidisciplinary study both in Swansea and in the Texas Medical Center. Working within the advanced therapeutics section of the group, nanoparticle and exosome mimetics provide an exciting and cutting-edge PhD opportunity.
Great offer for students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1920, Swansea University is a well-known research-intensive institution with a fantastic learning atmosphere and a stellar reputation. There are approximately 330 undergraduate and 120 postgraduate courses available.
Why study at Swansea University? Students are given the help they need to transform their ideas and visions into reality at the university. Students will receive a high-quality education at Swansea University, learning from inspiring people that will challenge and inspire them during their studies.
Application Deadline: July 2, 2021
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Advanced Therapeutics, Nanomedicine, Biomedical science, Medical engineering
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- skills in molecular biology and tissue culture techniques
- a multidisciplinary outlook with the appreciation of the physical sciences
- basic understanding of material sciences and material/bio-interfaces in biomedical applications
- a keen interest in gynecological cancers and drug delivery
- some experience in material fabrication and characterization, or disease models, treatment, and analysis.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must have to take admission in the PhD degree at the university and complete the Research application Form 2021 and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form_Ffurflen Monitor
- Supporting Documents: CV, Covering letter outlining experience against skills/qualities required and motivation to pursue a PhD degree and send it to Dr Lewis Francis [email protected]
- Admission Requirements: Candidates should hold a minimum of an upper second class (2:1) honors degree and/or an MSc (or it’s equivalent) in Molecular Biology, Biosciences, Biophysics, Biomedical, Biochemistry, Medical Engineering.
- Language Requirement: They expect the academic and English Language requirements (IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5+ in each component) to be met by point of application
This scholarship covers the total cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609. There will be additional funds available for research expenses.