Do you want to advance your research career in Computer Science? If so, you can apply for amazing PhD Positions for the session 2020/21 in Austria. There are 11 positions are open for very strong doctoral students and it is funded for at least 3 years according to the funding scheme.
These positions are funded by the Austrian Science Fund FWF and run jointly by the three Austrian universities TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology), Graz University of Technology and Johannes Kepler University Linz.
User Review( votes)
Why should join this program? This program covers three core area such computational logic covers the theoretical and mathematical foundations, verification employs logic to model, analyze, and construct computer programs and databases and Artificial Intelligence.
Application Deadline: January 11, 2020
- University: Austrian Science Fund
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 11
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Austria
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for all over the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD will be awarded in the following research areas: Automated Software Verification, Description Logics, Epistemic logic in distributed computing, Game-based Semantics, Fixed-Parameter Algorithms and Complexity, Formal Verification of hybrid systems, Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Model Checking, Modeling and analysis of digital integrated circuits, Ontology-based Data Access, Security and Privacy, Scheduling and logic programming, Topology in distributed computing and Quantified Boolean Formulas
- Admissible Criteria: To be considered for the grant, the applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Get information about the application process is available on the LogiCS web-page: https://logic-cs.at/phd/admission/
- The applicants are expected to have completed an excellent diploma or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field.
- Candidates with comparable achievements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applications by the candidates need to be submitted electronically.
- Supporting Documents: Students must upload your CV with your transcripts, English language certificate and a research statement.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates are required to meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Successful applicants will work with and be mentored by leading researchers in the fields of computational logic, databases and knowledge representation, computer-aided verification, security and privacy, cyber-physical systems, and distributed systems.