Do you want to advance your career in the field of Logical Methods in Computer Science? If so, you can apply for amazing Several Fully-Funded PhD Fellowships for the session 2020/21. There are 15 positions are open for very strong doctoral students according to the funding scheme.
These positions are funded by the Austrian Science Fund FWF and run jointly by the three Austrian universities TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology), Graz University of Technology and Johannes Kepler University Linz.
Wonderful chance for international students.
User Review( votes)
Why should join this program? This program covers three core area such computational logic covers the theoretical and mathematical foundations, verification employs logic to model, analyze, and construct computer programs and databases and Artificial Intelligence.
Application Deadline: June 12, 2020
- University: Austrian Science Fund
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 15
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Vienna, or Graz, Austria
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for all over the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD will be awarded in the following research areas: Automated Software Verification, Description Logics, Epistemic logic in distributed computing, Explainable AI, Fixed-Parameter Algorithms and Complexity, Formal Verification of hybrid systems, Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Model Checking, Modeling and analysis of digital integrated circuits, Normative Reasoning, Ontology-based Data Access, Security and Privacy, Scheduling and logic programming, Study of the Interaction between rules from a knowledge base and rules arising from machine learning, Topology in distributed computing and Quantified Boolean Formulas
- Admissible Criteria: To be considered for the grant, the applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Get information about the application process is available on the LogiCS web-page: https://logic-cs.at/phd/admission/.
- The applicants are expected to have completed an excellent diploma or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field.
- Candidates with comparable achievements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applications by the candidates need to be submitted electronically.
- Supporting Documents: Students must upload your CV with your transcripts, English language certificate and a research statement.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates are required to meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The doctoral positions are fully funded for at least 3 years according to the funding scheme of the
Austrian Science Fund (FWF). There are 15 positions are available with a negotiable starting date for the joint doctoral program on Logical Methods in Computer Science (LogiCS).