Apply for the Sir Gerard Newman Scholarships at the University of Hertfordshire and take the first step towards your career with one of the leading universities of the UK.
The Sir Gerard Newman Scholarship is offered solely in the field of engineering and technology to students who want to undertake a full time undergraduate programme at the School of Engineering and Technology. Students from UK and EU countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship and receive £2,000 towards the tuition fee of the programme.
A reliable option to get an amount of £2,000 in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Present in the ranking of 101-150 under Young University Rankings 2018, The University of Hertfordshire is a public university visualizes to transform lives by driving potential, and powering success. It is committed to having a positive transformational impact on every member of the university and to sharing successes with the community around us.
Why choose to study at the University of Hertfordshire? University of Hertfordshire is a young and innovative university with a fantastic heritage. It is a business focused university that embeds industry knowledge in its curriculum, thereby providing the knowledge, skills and practical experience to make its students desirable to employers worldwide. Being located just a half hour’s ride away from the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of London, Hertfordshire offers a truly diverse learning environment and has invested heavily to provide its students state of the art campus facilities.
Application Deadline: 26th October, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Hertfordshire
- Department: School of Engineering and Technology
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: £2,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Students of UK and EU are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any full time undergraduate programme taught at the School of Engineering and Technology in University of Hertfordshire.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be accepted in a full time undergraduate programme at the School of Engineering and Technology.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested students are required to fill the application form online provided on the university portal. Students are not required to fill a separate application form for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic Transcripts and Certificates
- Leaving certificate
- Personal Statement
- Copy of your passport photo page
- Immigration History Evidence
- ATAS Certificate
- Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfil the basic requirement of having completed 12 years of school to get into UH.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- CAE – 176
- TOEFL – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
The winners of the scholarship will receive £2,000 out of which £500 paid in the first and second year and £1,000 in the final year towards the tuition fee of the applied undergraduate programme.