Seoul National University is excitedly inviting students to join the Global Hope Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023. The programme is available to overseas students in South Korea.
This wonderful scholarship offered by the Seoul National University to international master’s and PhD students is supported by the Samsung Dreams Scholarship Foundation. The scholarship award is not decided and is subjected to change depending on the circumstance of the supporting organization. Candidates will be considered on the basis of their interviews with the Samsung Dreams Scholarship Foundation.
Worthy opportunity for aspirants in South Korea.
User Review( vote)
Seoul National University is a national public research university located in Seoul, South Korea which is also one of the flagship Korean national universities and was founded in 1946. SNU is 9th in Asia and 60th in the world according to the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Why choose to study at the Seoul National University? Seoul National University honours the ideals of liberal education and aims to teach students a lifelong love of learning that will form the basis for continuous personal growth. It is committed to preparing students to work and live in an increasingly competitive global environment.
Application Deadline: The application periods for the fall and spring semesters are accepted in July and January respectively. The online application for graduate international students will close on 13th July 2022.
- University or Organization: Seoul National University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master or PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Korea.
- Eligible Countries: Students from DAC countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a master’s or PhD degree study offered at the Seoul National University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must belong to a country listed in the DAC list of ODA countries.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply via the university portal to be admitted to their preferred masters or PhD programme at SNU. Students must fill out and submit the graduate scholarship application form to be considered for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal statement or stud plan
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certificate of expected graduation
- Academic transcripts
- Certificate of Parent-Child Relationship
- Explanatory Statement / Evidence Documentation
- Nationality Certificate of Parents(One for Each Parent)
- Nationality Certificate of applicants
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree certification relevant to the programme they are applying for.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL iBT – 80
- IELTS Academic Overall Band Score – 6.0
- TEPS – 269
The students chosen winners of the scholarship programme by the Seoul National University will be provided benefits towards their cost of education, typically the tuition fee of the undertaken programme.