To appreciate and support all international students who are self-funding their studies, the University of Essex has decided to award a generous scholarship the South East Asia Scholarship for the academic year 2023/2024.
The application to this scholarship is exclusively only open to students from select Southeast Asian countries who are undertaking an undergraduate degree study at the University of Essex. The students must be starting their first year of study as international students to be considered for this award worth £3,000 in tuition fee discounts.
A beneficial offer for students to study in UK.
User Review( votes)
Established by royal charter in 1965 and known as one of the original plate glass universities, the University of Essex is a public research university in Essex, England. The university consists of a bunch of risk-takers and opinion-makers, stereotype-breakers and world-shakers and proudly ranks 465th in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Essex? The University of Essex is committed to doing things in a different way and put students’ success at the center of everything. As an institution of education, the university is dedicated to excellence in education with research-led teaching which gives the students a transformational education experience.
Application Deadline: Applications to UCAS are open for 2023-24 entry. However, course-specific application deadline, if any, must be observed.
- University or Organization: University of Essex
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree programs taught at all departments of the University of Essex can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be international student from one of the eligible countries.
- The applicants must be commencing studies in the first year (Year 1) of an undergraduate degree at Essex in 2023-24.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can submit their undergraduate admission applications to Essex via the UCAS portal. All eligible applicants will be considered automatically, no separate scholarship application is required.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Details of all qualifications, including those the students may have not finished yet and any predicted grades
- Your personal statement
- A suitable reference
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have A-levels, BTEC qualifications, T-Levels, CTEC qualifications, International Baccalaureate Diploma and Certificates, QAA-approved Access to HE Diplomas, Open University courses, or Practicing professional qualifications.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to meet any one of the English language proficient requirements of the university. IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and many more standardised test scores are accepted.
The University of Essex has prepared an award of £3,000 which will be presented in the form of a tuition fee discount in the first year to the winners of this scholarship.