Southern Cross University is looking for the ideal candidates who are highly motivated for scientific research in environmental geochemistry and mineralogy.
This is a full-time PhD position is open to all deserving students who want to study a full-time PhD degree at the university. This project will expand their understanding of the effects of climate change on metal-mineral interactions in soil systems.
User Review( votes)
Southern Cross University is a renowned Australian public university that was founded in 1994. It offers degrees on campus and online, with a rich academic portfolio covering a wide range of disciplines.
Why at Southern Cross University? This university provides practical teaching to help students build knowledge and acquire practical skills they will have for life. Here, candidates can expect placement opportunities, fieldwork, practicum, and networking events as part of their studies.
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
- University: Southern Cross University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Up to $5000 AUD
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: To get information about the nationality please contact Prof Ed Burton, email to [email protected]
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD support will be awarded in Hexavalent Chromium Formation and Fate in Bushfire-Impacted soils
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must hold an MSc degree (or equivalent) in environmental sciences, soil sciences, geo-ecology, geology, geochemistry, mineralogy, chemistry, or related natural science discipline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To begin the application process, applicants need to take admission to the university. After taking admission you will be applying for a scholarship. For information please Contact: Prof Ed Burton, email to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applications must include a CV, academic grade transcripts, copies of previous research outputs and a cover letter outlining a summary of your research experience, your reasons for wanting to do a PhD
- Admission Requirements: To apply for free study, candidates must have to check out the admission requirements page.
- Language Requirement: Good knowledge of spoken and written English, as well as excellent communication and team skills, are expected.
Successful candidates will be offered a full-time PhD position and the project includes scholarship ($27,600 AUD pa), fee-waiver and an additional stipend to cover research costs of up to $5000 AUD pa will be available.