The Symantec is accepting applications for the 2019 Fellowship Program. Award decisions will be made in January 2019. Symantec will award Symantec Research Labs (SRL) Graduate Fellowships to outstanding PhD students who meet the eligibility criteria.
The SRL Graduate Fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage into a research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc.
User Review( votes)
The aim of the program is to fund innovative research that has real-world value, in areas where Symantec conducts business. Symantec Corporation is an American software company headquartered in Mountain View, California, United States. The company provides cyber security software and services.
- Application Deadline: November 30th, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue the PhD program.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to study the Topics of interest which include: Privacy and Identity, Security, Machine learning and data mining & Human Factors.
- Scholarship Award: Fellowship is valued at $20,000/- & the second component of the award is a salaried internship with Symantec that we plan to offer to all fellowship recipients.
- Nationality: This Fellowship is available to
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in one of our locations (Culver City, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Dublin, Ireland; Sophia-Antipolis, France) or with another group within Symantec.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This Fellowship is available to applicants of USA, Ireland and France.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applying students must be enrolled in a PhD program.
- Preference will be given to students with a desire to work in an industrial research lab and those working on innovative research projects in areas related to Symantec’s businesses and interests.
- Recipients will also be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence and their academic progress to date as evidenced by publications.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply: Application materials must include the following:
- Resume or C.V.
- Personal statement of research interests not to exceed 750 words. Applicants are strongly encouraged to articulate the value and novelty of their research.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or industry researchers who can evaluate the applicant’s scientific aptitude and potential for research. Letters of recommendation may be sent separately and confidentially.