The Western Sydney University is inviting applications for international awards for students enrolling in postgraduate coursework programs. This scholarship is available for new international students.
The Western Sydney University has been named one of the world’s top 400 universities in the prestigious Shanghai Ranking’s Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Great opportunity for new international students to get a Postgraduate degree in Australia.
User Review( votes)
International students are eligible to apply for this application . International students are required to have genuine access to sufficient funds while studying in Australia.
- Applications Deadline: Currently opened until filled.
- Course Level: The studentships are available to study Postgraduate coursework programs.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study all CRICOS registered 1, 1.5 or 2-year postgraduate coursework degree (excluding higher degree research).
- Scholarship Award: Depending on the applicant’s academic achievement, the following benefits will be granted as a one-off contribution towards tuition fees:
- $7,500 or
This amount will be credited to the program recipient’s fee account after the Census date of their first study session, or after the census date of their second quarter of study, if they are enrolled in a quarter based programs.
The grant is a partial tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for new international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for new international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
New international students intending to commence a postgraduate coursework program at Western Sydney University in 2019.
Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit.
- Be an international student with a Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 500)
- Commence a new course of study in 2019
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to Western Sydney University
- Satisfy all admission requirements and accept their admission offer
- Meet the academic requirement for the opportunity in their most recent completed tertiary qualification recognized by Western Sydney University as follows:
|All countries (except Subcontinent)||Subcontinent Section 1 and 2 University||Subcontinent Section 3 University|
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- Are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- Are a citizen of the People’s Republic of China
- Are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- Are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a funding for their existing course of study
- Do not submit a fully completed application and/or acceptance
- Are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- Have been granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing
- Study less than 80 credit points to complete the course
- Have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University
- Are enrolling in a higher degree research program e.g. PhD.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: No application is necessary. All new applications for admission will be automatically considered for a scholarship. If you are successful, your scholarship offer will be outlined in your offer of admission letter.