The Stellenbosch University offers two scholarships to students with a high level of need and good academic performance. The sponsorship will be available to postgraduate students enrolled at the Stellenbosch University.
The University is amongst South Africa’s leading tertiary institutions based on research output, student pass rates and rated scientists, and is recognized internationally as an academic institution of excellence.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: October 16, 2018
- Course Level: The bursaries are available to pursue the postgraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are available to study the entire subject offered by the university.
- Award: The financial aid positions will award worth up to R32400.
- Number of Awards: Two opportunities are available for the students.
- Nationality: The bursaries are Available to students who hold citizenship from African countries.
- The award can be taken in South Africa.
Eligibility for the opportunity :
- Eligible Countries: The bursaries are Available to students who hold citizenship from African countries.
- Entrance Requirements: The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Available to students who hold citizenship from African countries. South African citizens are not eligible.
- Any field of postgraduate study.
- Full-time study.
- Leadership involvement within the African communities on SU Campuses in the following fields for the past two years: sport, cultural, academics, religion. In order to comply with the requirements candidate need to state 3 outstanding achievements in at least 2 of the following categories, i.e. participation in SU student leadership structures, sport, participation in cultural activities/community involvement, or leadership roles in faith communities or roles within their academic department (e.g. tutor, research assistant).
- Academic cut-off 60% in the final year or immediate proceeding previous completed degree.
- Two reference letters verifying the criteria must accompany the application. One an academic reference and one verifying involvement in Campus activities.
- A CV should accompany the application.
- Although not a requirement for the award, the panel will give preference to applicants who, in addition to the stipulated conditions, demonstrate financial need. Applicant should provide a budget indicating income and expenses for their 2019 academic year.
- Applicant should not be older than 35 years on 1 January 2019.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply: Two reference letters and CV should accompany the attached application form with Addendum A-one an academic reference and one verifying involvement.