Candidates are invited to apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum programme for the academic year 2020-2021. The bursaries are available for pursuing undergraduate (BA/BSc), master (MA/MSc) or doctoral degree programme.
The aim of the programme is to promote cultural understanding, economic and political relations between Hungary and other countries. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
Nice offer for foreign students to study in Hungary.
User Review( votes)
Tempus Public Foundation (TPF) is a non-profit organization established in 1996 by the Hungarian Government, with the task of managing international cooperation programmes and special projects in the field of education, training and EU-related issues.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate (BA/BSc), master (MA/MSc) or doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships subjects vary from country to country.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Awards: Not given
- The award can be taken in Hungary
- Eligible Countries: Foreign Students can apply for Stipendium Hungaricum programme.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants are eligible to apply only if they meet the minimum language criteria set by the chosen host higher education institution.
- Study programmes in the English language: students shall have a level of English proficiency required by the host institution.
- Study programmes in the Hungarian language: students shall participate in a one-year preparatory Hungarian language course before starting their higher education studies. In addition to the Hungarian language, subjects related to the chosen field of studies will also be taught in Hungarian. Study programmes in other languages: students shall have a level of proficiency in the language of the study programme required by the host institution.
How to Apply:
Applicants have to fill the online application form with the required documents such as:
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of Identification Document
- acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system
financial aid positions will cover the followings:
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral-level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- Accommodation contribution
- free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the program periods
- Medical insurance
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person.