To provide higher education scholarships to support the students stranded in Ukraine and help them complete their higher education in Hungary, the Stipendium Hungaricum has established a programme called the Students at Risk Scholarships programme for the academic year 2022-2023.
The Students at Risk Programme is a subprogramme of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship programme and is supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and is managed by the Tempus Public Foundation. Ukrainian national students are eligible to apply for this scholarship against any bachelor’s, master or doctoral programme was undertaken at a Hungarian higher education institution. The scholarship will cover tuition fees and a maximum stipend of HUF 180,000 per month.
Nice chance for applicants in Hungary.
User Review( votes)
Stipendium Hungaricum is the most prestigious higher education scholarship programme of the Hungarian Government. This scholarship programme aims to support the internationalization of Hungarian higher education and its constant development.
Stipendium Hungaricum is striving to strengthen the international relations of the academic and research community and promote the internationalization of Hungarian higher education and attract top foreign students from all around the world who can establish personal and professional attachments to Hungary while enjoying high-quality education in the heart of Europe.
Application Deadline: Students can apply until 31st July 2022. Applications received after will not be considered.
- University or Organization: Stipendium Hungaricum
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master or Doctoral
- Award: HUF 180,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Hungary.
- Eligible Countries: Ukraine.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can undertake any bachelor’s, master or doctoral programme in the field of Economic Science, Engineering Science, Computer Science and Information Technology, Natural Science, Agricultural Science and Medical and Health Science at Hungarian higher education institutions that are involved in the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have student status at any recognized higher education institution (or secondary school in case of Ukrainian citizens) in Ukraine on 24 February 2022 and flee to Hungary because of the war in Ukraine.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission to their preferred Hungarian higher education institutions that are involved in the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme. Scholarship applications must be submitted here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide necessary supporting documents required at the time of admission by their chosen institute, typically, academic transcripts, resume, recommendation letters, and standardized competitive and English language test scores.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the academic and entry requirements of their choice of Hungarian higher education institute.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language proficiency proof. TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, etc are commonly accepted across Hungarian higher education institutes.
The selected candidates will be provided a tuition-free education, a monthly stipend (HUF 43,700 at non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level and HUF 140,000/180,000 at the doctoral level), accommodation contribution or free dormitory place, and medical insurance by the Stipendium Hungaricum.