Postgraduate Research Scholarship is an exclusive opportunity to enjoy a fully funded degree programme at the University of Strathclyde. The educational programme is available for UK and EU students.
The project is fully-funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) for the academic session 2020/2021.
Founded in 1796, the University of Strathclyde is a leading international technological university that offers a range of subjects but has a focus on technological and scientific studies. It is recognized on the international level for its innovative research, teaching, and student support.
Why study at the University of Strathclyde? The university offers students a range of skills that they have gained outside of their studies and supports them in their career aims. At this university, students will gain a flexible, innovative learning environment as well as a first-class teaching experience.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Strathclyde
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards:1
- Nationality: UK/EU Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate Research degree programme in Mathematics and statistics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the opportunity , applicants should have, or be expecting to obtain in the near future, a first-class or good 2.1 honours degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, engineering or mathematical science.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , applicants must take admission in a postgraduate research degree programme at the University of Strathclyde. After that, candidates will be automatically considered for this education award.
- Supporting Documents: During the application, candidates will be asked to provide full contact details, transcripts and certificates of all degrees, two references, one of which must be academic, funding or award information, a research proposal of 250 to 1,000 words in length, detailing the subject area and topic to be investigated.
- Admission Requirements: All applicants must meet the academic entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
The programme is fully funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) for 48 months. The successful recipient of the award will have their full Home/EU fees covered for the 4-year duration of the project, as well as receiving an annual stipend for living costs. The stipend rate for the 2020/21 academic year is £15,285 per annum.
Additionally, the award provides a Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) of £5,000 over the 4-year duration of the studentship for the purpose of incidental costs associated with conference attendance, travel for research purposes and consumables.