Columbia Business School is now accepting applications for the 2019 Summer Research Internship. The summer program is a highly-selective program designed for undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year and first-year masters students.
The program provides the interns with the opportunity to work on a research project with CBS’ leading faculty and researchers in finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics.
User Review( votes)
Field of Internship: Internship is available for a summer research program
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Columbia Business School
An internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including business, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, the physical sciences, and the social and behavioral sciences are encouraged to apply.
Prospective interns must have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Strong programming skills are required for most projects: Familiarity with statistical and computational software packages (such as Matlab, R, STATA), scripting languages such as Python, or general programming languages
- Behavioral projects require knowledge of SPSS and experience in performing psychological experiments and coding tasks
- Undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year and first-year Masters Students are eligible to apply.
- Exceptional students from other classes are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
- Program benefits include: On-campus housing and a stipend will be provided.
- Many been selected to join CBS full-time as a full-time Research Associate.
Under the guidance of Columbia Business School’s leading faculty, interns will take an active role on a research project in one of the following areas: finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics.
The highly selective program provides an intellectually stimulating environment and exposes the students to the world of business research. Several of the top interns have gone on to leading MS and Ph.D. programs in Management, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, and Data Sciences.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: The program typically runs from the end of May through early August.
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to submit an online application. Apply early – applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For internship application, required materials as the following:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (from all universities attended)
Note: The application process is highly competitive, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is March 1, 2019.