Department of Computer Science EPSRC PhD award is an exclusive opportunity to enjoy a fully-funded PhD degree programme with Swansea University. The grant is jointly funded by Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (under the “Industrial CASE” scheme) and Tata Steel.
The funding programme assists UK and EU students who want to undertake a PhD degree programme in the field of computer science and machine learning.
Exciting opportunity that will help UK/EU Students students with fully-funded scholarship.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1920, Swansea University is a leading research-intensive institution that offers about 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses. It is included in the list of UK’s top 30 universities and has gained immense popularity among the students.
Why study at Swansea University? At this university students will get outstanding learning and teaching experience with a distinct emphasis on employability. The university will also have many opportunities that will be beneficial for students in developing their communication skills and personality.
Application Deadline: July 30, 2020
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: Department of Computer Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: UK/EU Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD research program to understand in-line surface texture measurement using machine learning.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Should have a first-class degree or a Master’s degree with Merit, in a relevant discipline.
- Have proficient programming skills, e.g. python.
- Good understanding or relevant experience in computer vision and machine learning fundamentals.
- Belongs from a good mathematical background.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , applicants must take admission in the PhD degree program at Swansea University. After that, candidates must complete the College of Science PGR application and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form_Ffurflen Monitro, and return them to the College of Science. Please include the ‘EPSRC CASE surface machine learning PhD application’ in the email subject header and email the following documents to science-scholarships-at-swansea.ac.uk.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit academic references, degree certificates, academic transcripts, and a recent CV.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet the entry requirements of this university.
- Language Requirement: For candidates whose first language is not English, we require IELTS 6.5 (with 6.0 in each component) or equivalent. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
Swansea University will offer a four-year fully funded scholarship, which covers UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,285 for the session 2020/2021.