Intending to support the education of outstanding students in Australia, the University of Sydney is announcing Sri Lankan Student Awards for the academic year 2023-2024.
This application is open to motivated students who wish to obtain a 20% discount on tuition costs for any applicable undergraduate, postgraduate, or research degree program at the University of Sydney.
Sydney Sri Lankan Student Awards in Australia
Great offer for Sri Lankan Students in the UK
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is a public research university that believes in equal access to education and leadership that enhances the lives of those it serves. It is ranked 27th among the world’s best universities.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sydney? The university offers diverse courses, and its research focuses on solving society’s most pressing problems. While attending this university, aspirants will receive superior knowledge.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research
- Awards: 20% Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Sri Lankan Students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Sri Lankan citizens are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply to any full-time undergraduate coursework, postgraduate coursework, or postgraduate research degree at the University of Sydney.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Applicants must be Sri Lankan citizens. Proof of residency will be required.
- The applicants must have been admitted into full-time undergraduate coursework, postgraduate coursework, or postgraduate research degree in 2023 and beyond.
- The applicants must not have already started a degree at the University of Sydney at the time that they apply for the award.
- Applicants must be international students to be eligible for the Award as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003. This excludes Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission for new undergraduate coursework, postgraduate coursework, or postgraduate research degree at the University of Sydney at the time of application for the Award.
- Applicants commencing a second degree at the University of Sydney can apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must register on the university portal and complete their applications online. To participate in the award, the applicants must submit a 600 words personal statement while submitting their application. All Sri Lankan national applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Scanned copy of your passport identification page
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Proof of residency
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfill all international student application
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) – 7.0
- TOEFL iBT – 96
- PTE Academic – 68
The University of Sydney will award the successful candidates a 20% tuition fee contribution towards any undergraduate or postgraduate study program.