Taft College is taking the initiative to educate students through its Supporting Local Businesses international awards for the academic year 2021-2022.
This scheme is established to support all applicants and they must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university. Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply for this opportunity.
Founded in 1922, Taft College is a public community college located in Taft, California. The college’s mission emphasizes basic skills and service to students. It offers Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees as well as a variety of certificates.
Why would like to study at Taft College? Candidates will learn the skills and knowledge needed to prepare for their future employment and make the transition from student to professional as smoothly as possible.
Application Deadline: September 5th annually
- University or Organization: Taft College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Awards: $1,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International
- The prize can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award is available for undergraduate degree coursework in any subject area.
- Admissible Criteria: For applying this educational award, seekers must have to complete the following criteria:
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific Major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be enlisted in this award program, aspirants required to take admission in the undergraduate degree coursework at the university. Please follow this link to complete the form to apply: The Supporting Local Businesses Scholarship
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- An essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
- Supporting Documents: Please write a 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- What are some local businesses that you frequent or utilize now? Why?
- Why do you think it is important to support businesses in your community?
- How do you plan to use your education to help develop and support local businesses?
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the opportunity , we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, aspirants need to hold their previous degree certificates.
- Language Requirements: Candidates need to show their English language level by submitting a satisfactory certificate of English language ability.
Taft College will provide an award amount of $1,000 for winning applicants for undergraduate study.