Are you ready to apply for a study program in Nigeria this year? If yes, then you have a wonderful opportunity to apply for the Fulbright Foreign Student program.
The program is designed primarily to strengthen the capacities of African universities through higher degree training and to develop the potential of their academic staff. Nigerian permanent residents are eligible to apply.
Nice chance for Nigerian students.
User Review( vote)
It is targeted at young and exceptionally promising faculty members who wish to conduct their doctoral research in the United States.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2020
University or Organization: U.S. Department of State in Washington
Course Level: Undergraduate Studies
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Domestic students
The program can be taken in Nigeria
Eligible Countries: Domestic students are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study in any undergraduate studies degree offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for a grant:
- Applicants must be at least two years into their doctoral program in any discipline at a Nigerian university or research institute at the time of application.
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of Nigeria, or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by the Nigerian government.
- Applicants must be doctoral students and have the endorsement of their home institution.
- Applicants must be at least two years into their doctoral program in any discipline.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and a high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must meet a minimum score of 100 on the internet-based TOEFL test.
- The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is open to applicants in all disciplines. However, proposals for clinical medical research involving patient contact cannot be approved under the Fulbright Program.
- Applicants must have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home.
- Only applicants with strong proposals, outlining their research objectives, methodology, time-frame, and justification for conducting the research in the U.S. will be short-listed for interviews.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For a application, Only online applications are accepted. Interested applicants can apply online at the website.
- Supporting Documents: A complete application includes an online application that includes a clearly written research objective, Professional resume, three letters of reference specifying the personal, academic and professional competence of the candidate, Student copy of academic transcripts, TOEFL score report.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Benefits: The applicants will receive various award amounts by applying this funded study.