Get financial support to kick start your academic journey in Australia. The University of Queensland is giving an opportunity to apply for the Thomas A Plein Endowed Scholarship. The scholarship programme will be awarded to international students.
The bursary’s objective is to support and encourage high-achieving, talented and interested candidates seeking ways to get enrolled in an approved programme at the University of Queensland.
The University of Queensland (UQ), established in 1909, is a public research university located primarily in Brisbane, the capital of Queensland in Australia. The university consolidates over 100 research institutes and centres proposing research programs, such as the Australian Institute for bioengineering and nanotechnology, UQ Dow Centre for sustainable engineering innovation, Boeing Research, Technology Australia Centre, and the Institute Molecular Bioscience.
Why choose the University of Queensland? The university positively influences the community by engaging in excellence by building, preserving, conveying, and applying knowledge. It also supports shaping the future by bringing together and growing leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and advance ideas that benefit the world.
Application Deadline: February 26, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate/Honours/Postgraduate Degree
- Award: a minimum of $3,000
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The bursary is available for the undergraduate, honours, or postgraduate degree in business and economics, law at the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Be classed as Overseas for fee purposes
- Have made a full-time program in the required field at the university.
- Achieving a GPA of at least 4 in the first semester.
- Have to show academic achievement and demonstrated financial need and any other evidence which may be deemed relevant.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the award, aspirants need to take admissions at the university, and then they can submit their application through an online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application, i.e., an ID card, a passport photo in JPG format, a CV, and academic records.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must fulfil the required conditions for their undergraduate, honours, or postgraduate degree field at the university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of English language ability as per the university guidelines.
The University of Queensland will provide the award amount of a minimum of $3,000 to the highly motivated students.