The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research is offering 12 three-year fully funded PhD fellowships starting from June until October 2019. These fellowships will be awarded outstanding university graduates wishing to work towards a Ph.D. in the fields of ageing and age-related diseases.
The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research provides a strong research environment and a rigorous training programme to meet this challenge.
The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (CGA) in Germany is a joint venture of the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses in Aging Associated Diseases (CECAD), the University Hospital Cologne, the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, the Max Planck Institute for Metabolism Research and the Center for Advanced European Studies and Research (caesar).
Candidates require excellent written and spoken English skills (C1 level).
- Application Deadline: January 7, 2019
- Course Level: Positions are open for pursuing PhD programme at the Cologne Graduate School of Aging Research.
- Study Subject: Positions are available in the fields of ageing and age-related diseases.
- Scholarship Award: University will offer:
- An outstanding international research environment at one of the most prestigious ageing research clusters in Europe
- Excellent infrastructure for training and research by internationally recognized scientists in facilities with state-of-the-art technologies
- D. projects that can be carried out in up to 55 participating research groups of the above-mentioned institutes
- An interdisciplinary and structured Ph.D. programme in the vibrant city of Cologne, Germany, completely conducted in English
- An individual 3-year career mentoring programme, extensive methods courses and soft skill workshops
- Intensive support and guidance for international students in all administrative matters
- Number of Scholarships: 12 fully funded PhD scholarships are available.
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applications from all countries can apply for these PhD positions.
- Entrance Requirements: University is looking for
- Highly qualified and motivated students holding an M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Cell/ Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Translational Medicine or a related field
- A new generation of biomedical scientists who are eager to make fundamental scientific discoveries in the basic biology of ageing and may translate them into improvements in health and life for people as they grow older
- English Language Requirements: Excellent English skills are a prerequisite for our programme, however is not mandatory to provide a certificate. If you have taken an English test such as the TOEFL, you can upload the result if you wish.
How to Apply:
They offer an international research environment, characterized by outstanding ageing research, excellent supervision, early independence in research and state-of-the-art facilities. We are dedicated to providing first-class conditions for young scientists in a cutting edge and inspiring environment. Our competitive PhD programme provides a world-class starting platform for a successful career in science.
The programme is highly selective and invites outstanding university graduates wishing to work towards a PhD in the fields of ageing and age-related diseases to become part of the vibrant and international research scene in the Cologne/Bonn area.