The Hrant Dink Foundation is welcoming applicants for its Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant. Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant supported the travels of 26 individuals with the joint financial assistance of the British Embassy Ankara and the British Embassy Yerevan.
The aim of the grant is to encourage non-profit civic initiatives and individuals including youth, university students, university clubs, civil society organisations, professional organisations, local youth initiatives, high school students and teachers, academics and researchers, journalists, sports clubs, businesses and local authorities, to travel to the neighbouring country for specific goals
User Review( votes)
The Hrant Dink Foundation in partnership with Gyumri “Youth Initiative Centre” NGO (YIC), will continue to support at least 150 individuals and non-profit civic initiatives from Armenia and Turkey.The Hrant Dink Foundation now hosts an annual Hrant Dink Award ceremony to recognize other human rights activists.
Course Level: Grants supported the travels of 26 individuals with the joint financial assistance of the British Embassy Ankara and the British Embassy Yerevan.
Study Subject: Grants are available for youth, university students, university clubs, civil society organisations, professional organisations, local youth initiatives, high school students and teachers, academics and researchers, journalists, sports clubs, businesses and local authorities.
Award: Grants will cover the following:
- The Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant will finance eligible transportation costs that can be documented (plane, train, bus tickets). The Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant will only cover economy class tickets and means of public transport.
- The costs arising from the eligible domestic and international means of transport that will be used during the travel will be directly paid to the relevant airline company or travel agency by the Hrant Dink Foundation. Grantees’ tickets will be delivered by the Hrant Dink Foundation.
- In cases where it is not possible for the Hrant Dink Foundation to directly book and pay for tickets, in particular for inter-city transportation such as Yerevan-Gyumri and Yerevan-Tbilisi travels, the Travel Grant beneficiary may need to pay for these expenditures himself/herself. In such cases, the Travel Grant beneficiary may request reimbursement from the Hrant Dink Foundation. The reimbursement requests may be approved by the Hrant Dink Foundation provided that they fulfil the following criteria:
- The inter-city travel is made in economy class and by means of public transport.
All the legal documents, receipts, invoices certifying the inter-city transportation as well as the Travel Grant Activity Report are submitted by the Travel Grant Beneficiary to the Hrant Dink Foundation the latest within ten days after return to the home country.
- The Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant will not finance the ineligible costs including visa costs, exit fees and duties, travel insurance or any other visit-related cost including as accommodation, food, etc. Such costs will be covered by the Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant beneficiaries and/or the inviting persons or organisations.
- Those who will be travelling to Armenia or to Turkey with the support of the Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant are strongly recommended to arrange personal travel health insurance that will cover the entire duration of their stay. The sole responsibility to arrange the travel health insurance will lie with the grantee. Hrant Dink Foundation, the partner organisation Gyumri ‘‘Youth Initiative Centre’’ NGO (YIC) and associate organisation Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF) shall be by no means held responsible in case of any incident that may occur during the visit.
Number of Awards: Number of scholarship is not given.
The award can be taken in Turkey, Armenia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Any individual holding citizenship of Armenia or Turkey, any individual legally residing in Armenia or Turkey, any non-profit group, initiative or organisation based/registered in Armenia or Turkey will be eligible to benefit from the Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant. Groups and initiatives without legal entity can also benefit from the Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant.
- Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant primarily targets to support youth initiatives, university students, university clubs, civil society organisations, professional organisations, high school students and teachers, academics, researchers, journalists, doctors, lawyers, publishers, artists, sports clubs, sportsmen and sportswomen, businesses, local authorities, for their travels within the scope of eligible field and type of activities.
- Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant will support eligible actions in various thematic fields such as – but not limited to – civil society, youth and volunteering policies, human rights and democracy, education and training, environment, history,culture and arts, development, gender, medicine, law, technology, sports, regional cooperation and European integration.
- Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant will support travels of individuals and groups who are organising or attending various types of eligible activities such as partnership building and networking, feasibility visits, cross-border projects, project preparation meetings, exchange programmes, trainings, language learning, academic cooperation, research and dissertation, voluntary service in civil society organisations, joint artistic productions; as well as organizing or attending panels, seminars, conferences, workshops, exhibitions, concerts and similar activities in any of the thematic fields above.
- There is no age limit for the applicants who would like to receive Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant support. Those who are under the age of 18 – the age of legal maturity in Armenia and Turkey – will be required to submit the approval of their parents, legal custodians or teachers along with their application, and during their travels, to the neighbouring country, they should be accompanied by an adult above 18.
Nationality: Applicants from Turkey and Armenia are eligible to apply for the grant.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be a university student, university clubs, civil society organisations, professional organisations, high school students and teachers, academics, researchers, journalists, doctors, lawyers, publishers, artists, sports clubs, sportsmen and sportswomen.
How to Apply: Applicants can via online:
- Any applicant who would like to benefit from the Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant should fill in the online application form on the website www.armtr-beyondborders.org and submit it.
- Application forms should be submitted in the English language. Competency in English is not a selection criterion. The purpose is to prevent possible disagreements about translation and to facilitate the work of the Selection Committee. In case, applicants need support with translation from Armenian/Turkish into English, they are welcome to contact the Hrant Dink Foundation project team members for advice.
- Hrant Dink Foundation project team members will compile all incoming applications, do a technical assessment to check if the application forms are complete. When necessary, the project team members will also contact the contact/reference persons mentioned in the applications. Afterwards, the project team members will share the compiled list of applications with the Selection Committee.
- Once the assessment of Selection Committee is completed, all applicants from Armenia and Turkey are listed from the highest to the lowest score. Applicants with the highest score who fall within the Selection Target quotas specified in the Selection Timeline are identified as the Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant Beneficiaries.
- The project team of the Hrant Dink Foundation in Turkey and Armenia will contact the applicants and their contact/reference persons in the neighbouring country for double-checking prior to notification of Selection Committee decisions.
- Grantees will be publicly announced on the official website of the Turkey-Armenia Travel Grant www.armtr-beyondborders.org within 20 days following the deadline for each round. The travels should only start after the announcement of the beneficiaries in accordance with the Eligible Travel Timeframes specified above. The applicants who were not awarded are informed by the Hrant Dink Foundation by E-mail.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2018.