Have you ever wondered how an artist got their start in the animation industry or how a studio stays connected to the animation community and supports artists who are working hard on your favorite cartoons?
Cartoon Network is seeking driven, organized and creative interns for the summer 2019 session! Students will assist the Animation Talent Development Manager with a variety of tasks related to the professional development of artists currently working at the studio.
User Review( votes)
Do you want to spend a semester learning about animation artist recruitment and talent development? Students will have the opportunity to participate and be involved in internal and external animation industry events related to networking and professional development.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Turner
An internship can be taken in Burbank, California, United States
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Must be a rising junior or senior currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university.
- Radio/TV/Film, Communications, Sound Production, or similar majors preferred.
- Applicants should have a strong academic record (3.0 minimum strongly preferred).
- Should be able to commit 15-20 hours weekly during normal business hours.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have a great attitude!
- Be able to multi-task in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Experience with FileMaker Pro is preferred.
- Course credit is optional, but not required.
- Recent grads and graduate students are not eligible for the internship program at Cartoon Network Studios.
Internship Open for International Students: Yes
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Program benefits include: Interns are paid at minimum wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
They will develop an understanding of the recruitment and talent outreach needs for a television animation studio on a daily basis.
- This includes gaining an understanding of the skills required for different artistic roles within the studio.
- This includes assisting in updating and maintaining the announcement board, designing flyers, and assisting in planning professional development & networking events.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Summer 2019 Internship dates are June 5th – August 24th
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to submit an online application.
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted into the program.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing.