In partnership with the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Stellenbosch University is providing the Turning the Tide funding for aspiring international students.
The grants are available for worldwide students who want to apply for the masters and PhD degree programme in South Africa.
Amazing opportunity for overseas students in South Africa.
User Review( votes)
The Stellenbosch University is amongst South Africa’s leading tertiary institutes based on research products, learner pass rates, determined scientists, and known globally as an academic institute of excellence.
Why choose Stellenbosch University? The university intends to conceptualize and hypothesize SI in higher learning, stabilize integrated, systemic SI training in faculties, professional academic support backgrounds, scholar structures, and develop institutional assistance for expanded SI.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
- University or Organization: Stellenbosch University
- Department: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course Level: Masters and PhD degree
- Award: Up to 400 000 ZAR (PhD) and up to 105 000 ZAR (MA)
- Number of Awards: 15
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Masters and PhD degree in Cultural Studies, English Literature, ESL & English Language, Psychology, Music
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the grant, the applicants must have to follow the following given requirements:
- Applicants should have obtained a minimum of 75% for their previous degree;
- Applicants are expected to provide a sample of their writing with their application: MA thesis for PhD applicants Honours research essay for MA applicants any published academic articles related to your application;
- At the date of application, applicants must not be older than 30 years to apply for a Master’s scholarship and not older than 35 to apply for a PhD scholarship;
- Students are not required to be registered or to have a supervisor. They should, however, inform themselves with regard to the availability of supervisors in their particular field of research before submitting an application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, after taking admission, aspirants can navigate the online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application, i.e.,
- A motivation letter (no longer than 600 words);
- A preliminary research proposal, no longer than 1000 words, underlining the unique contribution your research will make to the existing body of knowledge in the particular field of study, the problem statement, the methodology / theoretical framework / philosophical underpinnings you intend to use and the feasibility of your study;
- A certified copy of your full academic transcript;
- A certified copy of your Honours or MA degree certificate – or foreign equivalent (if you have completed the qualification but have not yet obtained the certificate, official proof from the institution concerned that the degree will be delivered before March 2021);
- A certified copy of your South African ID or passport (for international students).
- Admission Requirements: Scholars holding an offer letter for their degree with unique curricular criteria and must meet the requirements of eligibility.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you will need to show that your English language skills are high enough to succeed in your studies.
Stellenbosch University is funding an award of up to 400 000 ZAR (PhD) and up to 105 000 ZAR (MA) for the outstanding students at the university for the academic year 2021/2022.